Lori has written a number of newsletters and articles as resources for her clients and visitors. For your convenience, all of the links below will open in a new window.
- Working With Us During the Pandemic (and general Coronavirus information)
- Did a Facility Take Your Stimulus Check?
- Do you want to change your medical power of attorney in the wake of the pandemic? Here are some considerations to help you decide:
- Seniors Fearful Of COVID-19 Are Changing Their Living Wills
- Life Support During the COVID Pandemic
NOTE: This information is intended to help you decide what to document in your medical power of attorney, which you should always discuss in depth and have an attorney prepare.
Articles and Newsletters:
- Legal Basics
- Top Reasons Everyone Needs Comprehensive Financial and Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- VA Healthcare Options
NCEA (National Council on Elder Abuse) Resources:
- Adult Protective Services (APS) Fact Sheet
- Adult Protective Services (APS) Flow Chart
- Understanding and Working with APS Part I: Overview of APS Programs
- Understanding and Working with APS Part II: Reporting and Investigation of Alleged Abuse
- Understanding and Working with APS Part III: Intervention Collaboration
- How at Risk for Abuse Are People with Dementia?
- Emotional Abuse
- Protect Yourself From Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation!
- Six ways to Care for Yourself When Caring for Someone with Dementia
Web Sites and Other Resources:
- Alzheimer’s Association 2017 Facts and Figures
- New Mexico Courts – Adult Guardianship Forms
- Stress-Busting Program for Family Caregivers
- New Mexico Guardianship Association Training Videos
- Watch Lori’s Interview with Edward Nunez on Albuquerque GOVTV: